Welcome to the Ashmead Befrienders page.
We have all been chosen to support and help other children at our school.
Our role is to:
- play games with children on the playground,
- help solve any issues or difficulties,
- listen to others,
- be a good role model,
- cheer people up,
- help others make friends.
You will be able to find us around the school because we wear bright red cardigans and jumpers. Come and say hello- we're really friendly :)
This term, we ran a competition where the children were asked to produce a poster encouraging Ashmead school pupils to 'Be Kind'.
The two winners were Gabriel Majowski and Lia Simpson.
Here are their amazing posters:
Over the last few weeks, the Befrienders have planned, organised and run a mufti day which they called 'Friendship Friday'. The focus for the day was to raise money for the charity Kidscape who work to prevent bullying in schools and also promote caring, supportive relationships. The children came to school in bright, happy clothing and donated £1 to Kidscape.
Every class took part in two friendship activities that day:
1) Each class had a circle time to promote how to be a good friend and how to be respectful of other's opinions/interests.
2) Classes spent 20/30 minutes of the day playing games together, whether they were outdoor games, board games or new playground games. This promoted good communication, respect, turn taking and sharing ideas.
Amazingly, the Befrienders led the school in raising £467.80 for Kidscape! Great effort!